Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 9, 2007



R2P2 starting weight 270
yesterday 260
today 259
loss/gain -1.0 lbs

Happy Dance Time!!!! Now tomorrow it might all catch up with me. But I will take the 1 lb loss today. Last night or should I say middle of the night my IBS kicked in. Don't know why, haven't had alot of greens. Mine usually hits me sporadically, just hits me whenever. But thank goodness it is not a major issue in my life. So today I just ate my protein and cucumbers. Didn't have my fruit. Kinda felt woozy through out the day. Think I am having my morning sickness again. Had that last round too. But I least I know what it is and know it will pass in a couple days.

Biz - You had asked about the clinic I am going to. My internal med doctor also has a weightloss clinic. He used to do it in his office, but insurance doesn't pay for it. So it was better for him to set up a separate office. That way he doesn't have to fight with patients when their insurance company doesn't pay for an office visit. They know up front going to the weightloss clinic that the insurance company will not pay for most of the services. When it was in his office, he had a nurse practioner seeing those patients. At that time he offered the Medifast, HMR type diet. The shakes and replacement meals. Well that is not for me. I need to chew food, not drink it!!! LOL. We still couldn't get my triglycerides down. So he wanted me to check them out again, said they had something new. I went and visited them and they told me about Releana. I got the info and told them I would make a decision and call them back. I had to do my research first. I was a little skeptical at first. But then found the yahoo groups and read and read. When I just considered the diet, at first it was no way, but read how most people didn't have hunger pains. So I decided that time was a wasting and took the plunge. They use Dr. S's protocol. The only difference is that they said I could eat 5 - 6 oz of protein instead of the 3.5 oz of protein. So I am getting more calories than the 500 per day. So I knew that I might not lose as fast as you all doing it by yourselves. But I am fine with that. I have lost more than my past history of 15 lbs and then stalls. So WOOHOO!!!

Well it is time to crawl into bed.

Be Blessed!

Tracey






3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Totally interesting about your Doc! WOW! I wish more and more docs would take the plunge for this protocol. How much healthier this country would be.

Just curious, why does your doc feel more protein is necessary?

Michaela said...

Girl you are just cruising! Way to go!

Amy's Blog said...

Woo HOO for you Tracey! I'm sorry about the IBS & it's weird that it kicked in. I hope that & the morning sickness passes soon. So happy for your loss.