Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 17, 2007 2 LBS GONE!

Well Well Well...what the heck is going on! Don't understand it for the life of me. Can go a whole week and not budge much and then whamo, 2 lbs fall off. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

I am feeling good, energy wise and my blood sugars are staying stable. I go to the clinic in the morning for a weigh in and will talk to them about this. Will see if they are seeing any other patients with this kind of pattern. Or if they have any other diabetics on their roll call and how they are doing. Oh, Biz I will not forget to ask about the extra protein they have me eating.

I am get a newsletter from Dr. Joe Pendergast and he had a video talking about Insulin Resistance and Oxidative Stress. I guess a new paper came out on that, so I want to find it and see what that has to say. I thought losing 25 lbs would help that, but so far it hasn't. My body is stubborn! I keep telling it that it is not going to win! I need to get back in the research mode.

Had one of the older ladies in the office come up to me today and whisper in my ear do keep doing whatever I was doing cuz she can really tell it in my face! She was so sweet!

Biz - I will send you an email tomorrow after I meet with the clinic. Let you know what they
say.

Amy - I think my other hormones are okay, but you never know. I wonder if low progesterone
effects weight loss. I will have to look that up too. And I think I will put a post out to the
group too. See if I there are any more diabetics out there. See if they have ran into
anything.

cb9094 - Thanks for your vibes!!! I will take all I can get! I will STOP second guessing myself
and just let the protocol do what it is supposed to do.

You gals are the greatest and I am very lucky to have found you all! Don't know if I could have done this without you all. Well I might have, but it sure would have been very lonely!!!! I just have to go along for the ride and see where this takes me! The ride maybe bumpy...but the end of the trip will be well worth it!

Be Blessed!

Tracey

3 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

So happy to read that you finally budged!! Woo HOO! Since you are moving after all, your hormones must be doing well enough. Good energy is a great sign that all is well!! That newsletter sounds interesting too. I like Biz's question about the protein... would be educational to learn what the clinic thinks about that. Congratulations to you!

BizBuzz said...

WHEW! Very happy to see the loss for you! Look at what perseverance will give you! WOOT!

Looking forward to hearing what the clinic says...

Michaela said...

Tracey,
I forgot to comment yesterday... I'm insulin resistant (PCOS) and I think that's part of the reason for my somewhat slower loss on round 1. Just hang in there and it's going keep dropping and then you'll turn around one day and start hit consistant pound per day.