Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 4, 2007





My Weight Chart:
Weight Chart



Haven't posted in a little over a week. Just a hectic week...sometimes you just have to deal with crap you don't want too. But that is life...the good with the bad!

But it did get me to thinking about the weight that I am losing. Why am I losing it? Wasn't I happy with it? What are my true goals...have I even truly thought about them? Questions...questions...questions!!!! Is there ever and end to them? With me...probably not! Well I should say...when something resonates with my soul..it is settled. And until then..I am on a search!

A little history on my attempts of weight loss. With my diabetes, I have to be a carb watcher if I want to maintain good blood sugar levels. If you follow the ADA ( American Diabetes Associatons) diet. For most diabetes (type II) you will need more and more meds to control your diabetes. My humble opinion is that is set up that way. The disease associations work with and are funded big time by the pharmacy companies. Alas...lets keep the money rolling in!!! Okay...I better get off that rant...the focus should be on ME! LOL Anyway...my top weight was...drum roll inserted here... 325. I started this at 283. So that is 43 lbs in 4 years! I guess I really take the thought of slow weight loss is best...then you will have a better chance of keeping it off to heart! I guess the saying is true...haven't gained it back! Not saying that I couldn't if I tried, I would just feel like crap with my blood sugars out of whack! Didn't think diabetes could be a blessing in the weight loss category.

One thing that I have noticed is that my body has a 2-3 month span during the year that it will lose weight. For the past 4 years, I have eaten the same diet. I will go through a phase when I lose about 10-15 lbs. Then the rest of the year, I will play with the 5 lbs of going up and down. Do you know how frustrating that can be? I have dealt with it...until it seems like it is hopeless. Increasing exercise, watching my food more closely and nothing happens...gets to where I want to scream! I hate it..but it is my body.

Okay...all that to get to where I am at now. I am working this diet. I do have to deviate a little. But I am comfortable with that hope the Hcg Nazi police won't come after me! LOL I have to do what is right for my body and I will not take on any guilt from anyone, whether it was specially aimed at me or not. Just reading posts on the groups can make me question things. But I am past that and know what I have to do for myself. I am not advocating that you shouldn't stay on the plan that Dr. S states, but he has little advise for diabetics and I know how my body reacts to food. His advice for low blood sugar is to take 2 teaspoons of sugar. Well I spike to high and feel like crap! I instead just eat a handful of peanuts or some kind of nut or a piece of cheese and fight the rest of the hunger cravings until they pass. My blood sugar slowly rises back to normal and I don't feel like crap then. So I may not loose all I could have, but I can't get anal until I get to the point where my diabetes is under control with just food and exercise alone. My body chemistry is what it is and I just keep plugging away at it.

Had to get that down...was it to justify my "cheats"? Today I can say NO!! Last week it would have been a different answer, but I can't diet and have a cloud of guilt hanging over me. Not healthy for me at all! I have also decided that I can't weigh every day on P2. I was getting to frustrated with not seeing the numbers move like everyone else. When i went to weigh in at the clinic, they told me not to weigh everyday on this phase. I will have to on P3, but I am okay with that. I will be weighing to maintain. Something totally different than looking for a loss.

Well I need to get some work done around here and get some meals cooked for the week. So tomorrow I will go over some more thoughts that have been floating around in my mind!

Take care and be Blessed!!!

Tracey

4 comments:

Amie said...

Tracey! Do you feel like we are being Protocol Nazis to you?? If you have felt that way, then let me be the first to say a very emphatic I'm Sorry! You have special health concerns that kind of preclude you from always following the protocol for Phase II to the letter. There is no shame nor blame in that. If you don't see losses like everyone else, then no big! Your body is still releasing those abnormal fat stores, whether it's 2 lb. or 0.2 lb. a day. It is YOUR body, YOUR protocol and YOUR weight-release goal. Not anyone else's. Weigh daily, weigh weekly, whatever. Ultimately you only answer to yourself - as Biz once put it to me, we're all just words on a screen! ;)

Maybe your experience with this protocol will help other diabetics in their Phase II. Doctor S wrote P&I in the 50's when diabetes wasn't such a rampant issue, so that is likely why there is less info for you. I hope that you can help pioneer a way for others like you who want to lose on hcg, but cannot follow the Protocol exactly. You might lose a little more slowly, but it still beats any other diet out there!

Best of luck, hon. I'm looking forward to reading your other thoughts. ;)

Amie

Amy's Blog said...

Amie says it just right. I find it interesting how the diet works for you. You are dealing with a disease that could have gotten me easily. I know very little about the diabetes, except for some crude basics on insulin. I wish they could find a cure. I've heard 'talk' of research on regenerating pancreatic beta cells - perhaps it will be relevant. I've heard Alba Therapeutics is trying hard for a better answer to autoimmune responses. You've found a way to succeed, so YAY for you! Your choices sound healthy to me.

BizBuzz said...

I have been so out of the loop I have no idea what your talking about. But if there were people talking about things, and not basing their thoughts on what has worked for them personally, then they were handling things incorrectly. Each of us have to make this protocol fit our way of life. What we can handle to make it thru. I keep going back to Dr S making the protocol a "lowest common denominator" type thing, what would work across the board.

Will be curious to see what transpires with other thoughts.

Amy's Blog said...

Hey, if you think of it, I am interested in knowing which months were the ones that you would lose in. Were they the same months, or unpredictable? Thanks.