Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 26-27 2007 Another 1lb gone!!!

Well I lost another 1lb this week. That seems to work out right...eating around 1200 calories per day on P3. My resting caloric intake is 1800. They say that to loose a 1lb you need to expend 3500 calories. So that is 500 decrease per day x 7 = 3500. And my body is doing some shift shaping too. Ooooo! feels like the X-files! Got a good look getting out of the shower this weekend and I think I need to start researching plastic surgeons. I will definitely need a tummy tuck, not that I think I need a rock hard stomach, just to remove the skin. I like a little pooch anyways. And the other good news I found out last week was another lady in the office had the skin removal surgery and our insurance covers it. So I won't have to wait forever to get it done. I carry all my fat in my stomach and abdomen. If I was a guy, I would just have a "beer belly". Now I am just a chick that hasn't had her "baby" for 15 years! I did get before pictures, I will have to take some updated ones and get those posted sometime.

Biz and Amy hit a couple things that I have been thinking about. Why am I ready for P2 again, and why is it sooooo cold!!!! Right after Thanksgiving I was thinking, I am ready for P2 again!!! Can't believe these words are even entering my brain. At first I thought I would do P2 back to back, because I thought once I was off I wouldn't want to go back on it. Well surprise, surprise, I do WANT to go back on P2. I wonder if this is a conspiracy! The old Tracey thinks so! Tonite I was even going over Renee's recipes to decide which ones I will start with for next week! I think this new me is growing!

And about this cold business, what is with this! I have never been this way, ever! I was always the hot blooded one. Well last weekend I went out and bought some long sleeve shirts at Shopko. Just to get mix in with my short sleeve ones. At work I am chilled and that is just not like me at all. Might even have to invest in a sweater to keep at work. Now the gals at the office would die seeing that one! Wonder where we could research this, maybe put a poll on the yahoo group. Speaking of the yahoo group, I haven't been getting my digest emails, went and checked my settings and it is still set to receive the digest and checked the bulk emails. So might have to send an email off to them.

Got off the phone tonight with my mother. Don't you just love them! LOL I love my mom dearly, but at times, her "advice" just gets in my craw. I have learned to ignore most of it and just let it go and let her ramble. It was funny, on Thanksgiving, I told her that I would have my load weekend, next weekend. Told her that I needed to eat as much fatten food as I could stand. She told me that just wasn't right and i have worked so hard to loose 23 lbs, that I should not do that. Told her that Dr. S said that is what you need to do. She told me, Well he must not have really meant that and I should eat lightly. LOL She cracks me up! Just looked at her and said, okay mom. Left it at that! Oh and tonight she let me know that I made a big mistake. In October I lost my bird, Cisco. Had him for over 15 years. Two weeks ago, I got a new bird. He is a hand-fed lovebird. Cute little sh*t! Named him Lafayette. At Thanksgiving dinner, somehow the conversation about Cisco came up and my cousin didn't know that he died. I explained what happen, that he got cancer. The first thing out of my mom's mouth was, "Well it was sad that he is dead, but she doesn't need any animals!" Shiela asked if I was going to get a new one, and mom answered "No she isn't!" I left it at that....no sense of arguing at the dinner table and tell her that I already had bought a new one! So today my dad came over to clean my gutters and he came in the house and saw the new bird. So I called him to thank him and mom got on the phone..."So, your father told me that you have a bird!" I thought you weren't going to get a new one!" I told her, no, that is what you said. I never said I wasn't. Told her it was strange coming into the house and having no one to say hello too. Then I got her good. Told her well I guess I could have just picked up some guy to keep me company...she paused for a minute. Then told me she thought I went for almost 2 months without a bird, she hoped that I was past the phase of getting a new one. But I did throw her off her rhythm for a moment! LOL

I have also figured out that I can't take my Byetta shots unless I have eaten alot of carbs now. Saturday I went for my massage. Get them every two weeks. I know the protocol says you are not supposed to have them while on the program. But I dare anyone to stop me! I need them just to keep me sane! Plus, I don't have some European woman named Helga giving them to me, neither! LOL My massages are not for manipulating my fat! She works on my muscles...hee hee. Loved when I read that in his book. Sounded like torture..I would kill someone if they massaged me the way he described. Plus I have never done any of the P1 things that Kevin Trudeau talks about. I know Dr. S talks about the oils, but I am not going to sweat that, I still lost during last P2. Anyways, after my massage I was hungry, so stopped at a dinner and got breakfast. Ordered and it came with hashbrowns. I didn't realized that when I ordered. Well I had a couple of bites and they were cooked very well, nice and crunchy. Wasn't to big a portion, so I ate them. When I got home it was less than an hour after I ate, so I decided to take my shot. About 2 hours later, started to get a headache and went for some motrin. All of a sudden I got the shakes, my whole body was shaking and I couldn't open the bottle. Tried to get my shakes to stop, but couldn't. So I decided to take my blood sugars. Well found the answer for my headache and the shakes, it was 38! Not good at all! So I ate a handful of chocolate chips and a handful of peanuts and then went into the living room and kept telling myself to not go back into the kitchen. I don't know if anyone else has dealt with hypoglycema, but when you drop low, you get an intense urge to eat!!! It is like you would knock an old lady over just to get to food. It is so crazy and intense. It is just amazing how your physical body will take over the mind, just to get what it needs. About 45 minutes later I got it back up to 77. I now know not to do that again. I will use the 10mg pen when I load this weekend, but after that I will only use the 5mg pen until I have more weight off and won't need to use the medicine anymore.

Well I better get this butt to bed, the X-files are starting and I haven't made it into the bed yet. Oh...and Santa is wondering what I want for Christmas, so let me know about the digital scales that everyone is using. Would like to let Santa know what brand works well.

Be Blessed!

Tracey

5 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

You are really GOOD at dealing with your mother. LOL. I wish I were that good. I'm 49 & she still thinks she has the right to criticize everything. BTW, I loved the name Lafayette.

That's exciting about the TT!!! Woo HOO! I have a girlfriend who had only the skin removed & her abdomen is so flat! She didn't need the full TT with muscle work because she hasn't had children.

I found your Byetta story very interesting. So you hadn't eaten enough carbs. Hey, I do know what hypoglycemia is like. I had several episodes, but one was in a doctors office after I had eaten some sugar on the way over, so they ordered a glucose tolerance test. In the test, my BG dropped to 27, but came back up on it's own in 1 hr. I don't have that any more, because the whole issue was caused by low adrenals & low thyroid (now corrected). But I do have some idea what this is like. I have passed out before from it.

Congratulations on having stable weight!!!

BizBuzz said...

Wow! Lots of information!

Mothers, ugh. I have one too! ROFL

What is Byetta? I am a dunce. I don't know anything about low blood sugar, never had to worry about that stuff. Expend on that please.

cherylk said...

Hey Tracey! I found your blog! Thanks for visiting mine :)

It looks like you're going to be going back on P2 just as I'm coming off! I admire you for taking on P2 at this time of year!

I'm sorry to hear about your bird, that's so sad :( . I am happy you have a new little friend in your life, though. Do what makes you happy, not your mom!

My mom and I butt heads like you wouldn't believe. I have no clue why. It's gotten better since I moved really far away from her hehe :)

I'm afraid I don't know what Byetta is, so I can't weigh in on that, but it sounds like you've got everything under control! :)

Oh and free tummy tuck! wow that's so awesome! That's my biggest fear with having to lose so much weight.. I'm worried I'll look like a deflated balloon when I'm done! I've started skin brushing, and I'm hoping that will keep my skin shrinking with the rest of me.

Michaela said...

OMG, your mom sounds a lot like my mom. She kept going on and on with weight loss advice this weekend when I was there. You handled it so well. Good for you for making the choices you want for your life and sticking with them!

gpcmom3 said...

Tracey, I loooooove your blog. You crack me up and so does your mom. Do all moms come out of the same mold? Like you don't want to get a new bird? Good fro you for keeping your sense of humor!

I am sorry about the diabetes swings. That must suck. I don't know much about it either. Congrats on the lb. lost. If each one if "for good" then it is like a lb. of gold. BTW, I have a Weight Watcher's scale and I like it a lot.

Hey, I think you are cool for a couple of reasons; first you have red hair. Both of my DD's have red hair and they are the loves of my life. AND yo are from Nebraska. Both of my parents are from Nebraska so that's a neat thing! My mom's from Lincoln and my dad from Pawnee City near Beatrice. Yeah!

Take Care!

Brooke