Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 22, 2007 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! Going over to mom and dad's this afternoon for a nice dinner with family. I have decided that I will have a spoon of potatoes and stuffing and of course a homemade roll I slaved over last night! LOL Mom called last night to let me know that she is adding more to the veggie tray and will have some veggies for me to take home...yummy!

What a minute! What was that last comment? Veggies...happy...yummy!! Ok, now I know for sure, an alien have taken over this body! LOL But when I really think about it, there is a foreign person brewing inside of me! Slowly growing and I can't wait to see how this new person develops and grows. So far, I think I am going to really like this new person. Since starting this plan, I have been mulling over why this plan, why now, what was my obstacles before. The last time I was truly successful on losing weight was back in the 80's. Once on the Diet Center, I think that was in 81 and WW in 86. Both plans I dropped about 3oish lbs. And the one thing that was constant on those programs is that I was by myself. I was just me doing it for me! The first time I was single and the WW my ex was out to sea. He was an officer in the Navy. I had lost weight when he was around, but never much and it never stayed off. I know we can't blame our weight on other people, but without him around now, there is so much less stress in my life. The stress does effect weight loss, well I am a firm believer in that thought. He was never an encourager. He was a black and white person, there was hardly ever a gray area in his thought processes. When I would ask for encouragement from him, his answer would be why?, just do it! Grrrrr... I would hate that! One of the reasons we are no longer together!

Still hanging in at 262 lbs! Last time I weighed that was 21 years ago! That is still sinking into my brain. Why have I waiting so long to due something about this? Was it the situations I was in? Did I not care about myself? Did I resign myself to the fate of being obese the rest of my life? I think there is a little bit of all of those that kept me from truly being at the place I am now. What changed to make this different? I don't know for sure. But one thing I do know is that the past few years I was just sick and tired!!! And tired of being sick!! Whether it was my thought processes or my physical body.

When I was diagnosised with diabetes I started changing my attitude towards foods, but still had that nagging thought in the back of my head...This is not fair...why can't I eat whatever I want! Oh this plan, I have really got that issued settled within me. I feel sooooo much better without all those starches in me. I have more energy, joints feel better, not as sluggish as I was. For whatever reason I am sensitive to starches. Whether it be gluten related, my insulin resistance, candidiasis or all of the above. My insurance at work has health coaches for certain diseases. You get a $100 dollars for participating. You do a little survey when you start and finish the program. My nurse told me that I had such a big difference in my energy question. She was impressed! I got her really interesting in the Hcg diet too. I think she took better to it, since my doctor offered it to me. LOL But now that I have a physical feeling to relate of feeling good, that helps my mind deal with deprivation. I now think of it as feel good or feel like sh*t! Which would you choose? I guess why the thought of naming my blog transformation hit me. Like a catepiller to butterfly, yep that is me! This new person inside of me is transforming and growing and changing. I can't wait to meet her!

Well I should start to get ready to go over to the folks, but one question I am posing to my fellow bloggers. I am going to ask Santa for a digital scale for Christmas! So get the word out and please post your suggestions. I want Santa to get me a nice reliable one. You guys are so wonderful with support and ideas, I knew I wanted to ask you about the scale!

Thanks for all your support and BE BLESSED!!!

Tracey

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Oh Tracey! I just LOVE posts like this, I call them GOOSE PIMPLY! I am so convinced that this protocol is so much more than just losing weight, and with a post like this, it proves it to me once again. Thank you for making my day!

I am so happy that you have found an answer and that it is working for you. Feast in the knowledge of where this is going to take you! Congrats on allowing the process to take over your mind as well as your body.

I so relate to the whole ALIEN thing! OMG! I said the same thing on numerous times in my blog. HUH? I am craving BANANA's instead of Ruffles??? OMG! Who is this???

HA!

Ok, now who is taking over your blog! LOL - Have fun, eat good and cannot wait to see the progress tomorrow!

Amy's Blog said...

I have always loved your blog name. You are becoming the person you wanted to be & ARE. So wonderful that your family is supporting you! And that old stressors are GONE. It's no good when your partner is not supportive. It's fun to read about old diets I know about ... lol. You're attitude is GREAT!

BizBuzz said...

Just checking in....