Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 6, 2007 - 2 lbs say goodbye!!!





My Weight Chart:
Weight Chart






Good Day everyone out there! I hope all is going well with eveyone out there. The north wind is starting to blow in, the sun is still shining, but dang that wind just whips right through you! I guess one positive to this is that your body will burn more calories staying warm!! Maybe I could ask to move my work outside for the day! Get that metabolism to get in gear! LOL But 2 more lbs off this body!!! It has not settled into my brain yet that I am in the 260's. WOW...I haven't seen these numbers since the mid 80's!!! 20 years...can you believe that! And my fat is going through a squishy stage. Love that...when i was on CAD diet, and I got squishy fat around my stomach...weightloss was right around the corner.

My last post I brought up the term Hcg Nazi Police. I have read everyone's comments and I want everyone to know that it was not aimed at anyone here. Just posts in one Yahoo group just stirred up the rebel in me. Just hit and nerve and to get it off my chest. I have an issue with the "one size fit all" mentality. I have had dealt with this for years. From diet plans to the medical community that can't get past the attitude that everyone will react the same and have the same results with a diet plan, illness, etc.

One of the worst I have had for an example of my many. I went Haiti on a 10 day missions trip. Wonderful experience I would recommend for anyone to do if they every have the opportunity! Well, we only had 2 meals a day. It would be considered a high carb and low protein diet. Pancakes for breakfast, pasta or rice and beans for dinner. Very little meat. ratio would be at least 3:1. And even though it was hot and humid, I stayed hydrated. Came back and noticed I gained 7 lbs!! What...how could that be! So I made an appointment with my doctor. Told him...something is wrong with me. There is no way I should have gained 7 lbs in 10 days only eating 2 meals a day. And they were not big portions either. He seemed to be listening to me and then he told me he had a diet plan for me. He went and got the diet and handed me the papers. I read the food list and suggestions of what to eat and not eat. Well it was a high carb diet!!!! I looked at him and said...you have not been listening to a word I have said to you! He told me to try it out..it will work. I told him that if I eat this way, I will come back in 1 month and have gained 20 more! I fired that doctor right then and there. Something just rose up in me and I finally got to the point where I was not going to take the "one size fits all" responses anymore! I am a crusader and have the strongest empathy for people that struggle with their weight or illness and that standard protocol just isn't working for them. Besides diabetes I also have big hormone issues, PCOS, hypothyrodism, Hidradenitis Supperativa, severe insulin resistance. So when I read someone getting chided for deviating off plan and the poster's words come across "holier than thou", it just hits me wrong. Now don't get me wrong...I love the interaction when people post for help and suggestions and people post back pointing out why something is not working or remind them of Dr. S's protocol. I guess my thing is the attitude on how it comes across. We all need to help and support one another....because it just get lonely fighting something by yourself. Now if you see me posting here or on a group that I just finished eating a nice big sesame seed bagel with a huge smear of cream cheese and I post that i didn't lose any weight and actually gained weight on P2.....Please ride me ass!!! LOL

One thing I that realized yesterday and feel it is a great accomplishment is that I have not had to use Byetta with my two meals! Yippee Skippy!!!! My doctor had given me a sample of a 5 mg pen in case I need that. I am currently on a 10 mg pen. But so far I have not had to use any at all!!!! I am hoping that during P3 I will not have to use it either. The real test will come when I start to add starches back into the diet. But by then...the loss of fat might help and I still won't need it. Diabetes and insulin resistance is a bitch! I have been experimenting with my night time med of Glyburide. I take 2.5 mg at night. The past week my morning numbers have been in the low 60's, which is really low for me. So the other night I decided not to take it and see what happens. Went to bed with blood sugars of 92. Woke up with b/s of 146! Go figure! It seems that I have the worst dawn effect ever! So last night I took my pill again and woke up today with my b/s being 92. So much better...so that one may take awhile to get off.

Amy, Amie, Biz ....thanks for all your support!!! Your words and experiences are inspiring to me!! Oh Amy...about that time of year that I lose the weight...It seems to be in the winter time, starts around January. Maybe I have an internal clock that goes off once a year. But looks like this Hcg has just kicked it's butt! I am a season ahead of schedule! LOL

Thursday the 8th is my next weigh in at the clinic. I will get my metabolic readings again and will post those. I think I am going to move to P3. I have the option of staying on P2 again, but I think I want to see how my body responds with the fat added back in with the diabetes. Plus I really want a salad with dressing! And then do P2 again after Thanksgiving. Then I will be ready for Christmas on P3 again.
The Relena lasts around 26 days.

My partner in crime at work asked if it would be difficult to go back to the P2 again instead of staying on it for another round. I have pondered that and decided that it will not be difficult. I have lived almost a month without my mexican food. I will be able to do it again. I have confidence in myself that it can be done. I have never felt this way about an eating plan before. Ever!!! My mind has finally turned the corner and had decided that I am not depriving myself...I am making myself healthy physically and mentally. Now I just need to get this attitude for smoking.

So my goal for Thursday is 263 lbs. I need 2 more lbs to get there. Hope the fat gods are listening!!!

Thanks for reading!!

Tracey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so hear you about doctors and their ignorance about weightloss. Glad we all found a treatment that really works! I'm going to link to your blog from mine, if that's OK.

Tracey said...

Lili...sure go ahead and link...I will add you too. It took me a 1 1/2 to find a doctor that would listen to me and used alternative medicine incorporated with allopathic medicine. He is the one that is running the weight loss clinic that I am going too. It just took him 2 years to talk me into it! LOL

BizBuzz said...

Sending the whoosh fairy to you so that you can make your goal.

Message boards are funny things. Sometimes it is so hard to read the intent on the screen. Sometimes it comes off as condescending and that can hit a nerve, I so know what you are talking about.

I am a firm believer in that this protocol was designed to work for EVERYONE no matter what, but it's basis is on a "lowest common denominator" approach. In other words, he couldn't provide a plan that would work for this group, and a plan that would work for that group, he had to provide a plan that would work for EVERYONE. And you have to admit, this plan, when followed will work.

Some tho, can deviate, and deviate wildly and still lose. Others can't. This is about finding out what works for YOU.

And my thoughts, whatever they are worth, is that most of us should try to stick to the natural stuff. Because really, give your body a break ya know? But those are MY thoughts, and I am sticking to them! ROFL

2 POUND WEIGHT LOSS VIBES COMING YOUR WAY!

Amy's Blog said...

Hi, Tracy. I do hope you get kick those 2 lbs out of your life! It sounds like that one doctor had never heard of diabetes or insulin resistance. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been. Thank goodness you have found the doctor you did!

I hope you will be able to stay off Byetta! I just looked up Hidradenitis Supperativa... I wonder if that is hormonally related? Or could it be related to autoimmune or antibodies? It doesn't sound like it autoimmune, but I don't know.

I suspect many people with weight problems have (or had) endocrine issues. You sure are dealing with a lot! It's also a #@!$( to find a doctor who understand hormonal testing & treatment. I am aware that diabetes & insulin resistance is about the hardest possible hurdle for managing weight. And probably all you did to get this was to be born.

I understand your empathy. I've been over 300 myself... You have walk a mile in a heavyweight's shoes to understand what it's really like. Many of us have been through the hell of obesity, & it just doesn't seem right for anyone else to judge the food any of us eats.

I met a girl once that had terrible diabetes & she ate a lot of sweets, injected the insulin, more sweets. To save her life she could not stop the cycle. My heart went out to her. I know she didn't want to be like that. I believe she was doing the best that she could & the only way she could find. People who don't understand thumb their nose at her choices. Some people love beer and chips. Not me. They can sit right in front of me all day long, & I won't care. I will care if there is cake in front of me. That will not do. I try hard to only only play with the foods I can control. Whatever the food, whether it's beer, birthday cake, chips, etc, I do believe that we are all trying.

Oh, I went off a bit much there. Hope you have a great weekend, Tracy.

Amy's Blog said...

Tracy - I miss reading your blog. I hope you will post again sometimes.