Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 29, 2007 - Holding Strong

Well I am home from work. My hidradenitis has reared it's ugly head! Literally!!! For those that do not know what this is, it is a skin condition that resembles boils. UCK!!! Just took a hot soak in the tub to see if this will help it drain. So I thought I would get ramble for a bit!

Had a few questions on Byetta(exenatide). This is a newer drug for type II (adult onset) diabetes. For people on it , we refer to it as "lizard spit". The drug was discovered while research was being done of the properties in the salvia of the Gila Monster. The gist of the drug is that it slows down digestion so the insulin spike is not a quick spike and more like a slow move upwards. Thus you need to secrete less insulin. I think the reason I went so low the other day is because I took the drug after I ate and not before. Also you need to have some carbs to make this drug work most effectively. With is hcg diet and losing the weight, I hope to be off of this drug sooner than later. I started to develop a side effect of gastropherisis. Which is delayed stomach emptying that diabetes can get. My drug is doing it's job, but just a little to much! I also seem to get the side effects that only 2% of the population gets. So then I was prescribed Reglan to off set that side effect. Thank goodness that drug has been around and is cheap. But getting this weight off and not having to use the Byetta will save me money. It is around $200.00 a month. I still will probably still have to take my Glucophage(metformin) as my insulin resistance is really bad. Plus it helps with the PCOS.

Well I guess my furnance decided to act up while I am off today. Grrrrrr! But at least it was not tomorrow when I was back at work. The overflow pipe is clogged and backing into the furnance...water all over the basement floor. What a loving feeling when you are not expecting it. Things come in threes....so I will sit here waiting anxiously to see what happens next! LOL

Just reread and interesting post from Dr. Micheal Eades blog. Here is the link if anyone is interested reading it.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/2007/11/15/learn-why-anthony-colpo-is-mad-and-get-a-free-book/

The article is regarding a Metabloic Advantage of a Low Carb diet. But the part that got me thinking and kinda of helps me understand the Hcg Diet a bit more. I can see how Dr. S has us not do fat while on the VLCD part of the plan. The low carbs lower our insulin levels and open the door to the fat cells. But it is the lower calories or lower fat that allows the our bodies to use the fat and thus lose the weight. It was interesting that how he had patients that were doing low carb and not losing weight until they lowered their calories. Will be interesting to find out. But I have much weight to lose to get there. 83 more lbs to lose! WOW! That is a lot of weight to get off this body, but with this diet it should get me there by late spring of 2008. Sometimes it is hard to wrap my head around that. Will be interesting to see how my attitudes with food and weight have turned around by then. But just to think I am in the 260's is unreal and I don't think my brain has really truly crasped that. By the end of the first full week of December, I could be in the 250's! Amazing!!!

Why has it taken me so long to address the weight? Was my heart not all in it? Was I holding on to past hurts? Knowing myself, probably a bit of everything. Sometimes I would get so frustrated that I would do things to the letter and everyone around me would lose weight and I would move the scales 5 lbs. I wanted to scream! Then go through a faze of I guess I was just destined to be fat, even though no one in my family is. And then have the medical community tell me that with diabetes it is harder to loose weight, you have strikes against you before you even start! FRUSTRATING...is just a mild word to describe those feelings. Well now with Hcg, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It started out very weak, thinking..yeah sure, I have heard this story before. Works for everyone else but me! But now the light is getting brighter and I am almost 98% I will get to see the end of the tunnel. I think when I can get the next 20 lbs off the doubts in my mind will vanish. With my history of losing 15-20lbs and then my body stalling out, getting past that will help so much. Maybe I will enjoy shopping again! LOL Will be interesting to see how this journey continues and not have to worry about weight again!!! What kind of trouble could I get myself into...Evil Grin!

Okay..enough rambling today!

Be Blessed!

Tracey

5 comments:

beachbrights said...

I can't even imagine the stuggles you have with diabetes and weight. It sounds like such a challenge and I totally admire you. Reading your blog inspires me. Tomorrow, I will complain less. Thank you for your story.

Keep holding strong!

Amy's Blog said...

I'm glad you are progressing so WELL & that is exciting that you will be in your next 10's in December... very close!! Woo HOO! I hope those boils calm down soon! Like CB, I admire you too!

BizBuzz said...

Tracey, please PLEASE continue to ramble, I absolutely LOVE reading posts like this. These are the kinds of posts that keep me going. I was once at 100lbs to lose, and now I am not so much, it happens, and it happens faster than you think.

I can't even fathom what your health will be like at 80 pounds lighter. Girl, you will RAWK!

WOO HOO FOR YOU!!!

Thanks for the info on the Byetta. Interesting stuff.

Amy's Blog said...

Just a note to say that I hope you are feeling well & hanging tough! :-)

BizBuzz said...

Just passing thru and missing you!