Saturday, November 17, 2007

November 17, 2007 Nice Sunny day!

I have lost 1 more lb! Yippee for me. That makes a total of 21 lbs. I am so thankful for this diet and the research and dedication that Dr. S had to solve something that he thought was a problem. Not posting my charts today...as I am at the car wash right now and just don't want to take the time. But will get them back up in my next post.

This week has been so hectic at work.. thought is was a full moon week! Maybe just a big hormonal surge when you have around 50 women working in the same area! LOL Was so nice to be able to put on my headpones and ignore the rest of the office...just get in my own little world. Only have taps on my shoulders when questions needed answers, but didn't have to listen to all the overall whining!! That is what drives me nuts...who cares who looked at who funny! Please women...go up!!! Ok..I will get off that soap box! LOL

Biz wrote in her blog the other day about noticing adding more carbs into diet and the effect of sinusits. I noticed that too earlier this week. I heard this voice calling me....it was a nice warm soft voice. "Tracey...come here...I have something to show you!" Didn't know my head has such a pleasant voice! LOL
Well after getting my crown put on this week, I stopped at a place that had biscuits and gravy. The car took over and went right into the drive thru...then that soft pleasant voice came out of my mouth...next thing I know the worker is handing me one biscuit and gravy! Don't know how that happened! hee hee But it tasted wonderful and hit the spot. But about 3 hours later I could feel my sinuses start to clog up. That can be a symptom for wheat allergies. I started to feel sluggish and brain foggy. I know that is part of my symptoms also when my blood sugars are out of control...but I tested and was 84. So that was not it. My boss has Celiac disease and this is how hers started too. She also gets constipated, joint aches, sinsuses and headaches. But hers is at a stage where it hits her almost immediately. Her mother almost died from it, was in the hospital for over a month, before they got her under control and well enough to be released. But I wouldn't doubt if alot of us have some form of wheat/gluten allergies. This causes internal inflammation. And some of the research that I have done regarding diabetes and people with weight gain and main stream diets don't work on....well they seem to have inflammation issues too. Just makes me kind of wonder.

Yesterday was food day at work, a gal was leaving. I did really good. There was a table of meats and cheeses. I was so proud of myself. Some fruit. Apples with a bit of peanut butter on them. Then about an hour later had to take something to one of the gals and I walked the back way to get to her desk. Well to my surprise there was a table with more food! And what did I see...oh some egg bakes, carmel and chocolate covered popcorn and brownies. Well I was able to resist the popcorn and brownies (they were store bought) but that soft pleasant voice from within..told me to try one of the egg bake things. I chose one. It was really good...the gal took stove top stuffing (cooked) and may a shell inside of the muffin tin and then cracked an egg inside and topped with cheese and bacon. Was really good...but about 45 minutes later...man...my blood sugars really hit me. They didn't go really high, but high enough that I was feeling crappy. Wanted to sleep, brain fog and seemed like I was having pure sugar running in my veins! Hate that feeling. I didn't have my byetta at work..otherwise I could have taken a shot and wouldn't have experienced that. But made me think about how carbs really effect ones body. Feeling like crap for the most of the rest of the day...all for some stuffing? Is it worth it? Will it hurt me to do it once in awhile? All questions to ponder and will probably always be thinking about. Most days I would say no...it isn't worth it. But somedays that sweet small pleasant voice just pops out of nowhere. Like an old friend that you haven't spent time with. You just can't wait to catch up, spend time with them. But at the end of the day you must go home.

This whole process is such a learning experience and some days we take one step foward and others two steps back. But like others of you and I have experienced. There is something different with this journey...seems like are brains are getting reprogrammed too. Maybe because we know this works, we know what to do if we too much of a good/bad thing. I don't know...but my whole mindset has changed with this. I don't feel like I have to test the waters to see how much I can get away with. I know when I am off plan, but like Biz wrote, if it doesn't taste like I thought it should or used to taste, it goes in the trash. Why eat it if the taste is just not there. I guess the one feeling that I can convey today is that...I feel CALM!!! Not lazy, just a nice steady and soothing feeling in my soul. I pray our growth continues on this journey and it deepens and enriches us. That we know who we are and what we need...geez all this from losing weight! WOOHOO!!! Let's enjoy the ride! I am sure it will be a great and adventourus one!!!

My car is ready!! Yippee...nice and clean! Got it detailed for the winter!

Take care everyone and BE BLESSED!!!!

Tracey

2 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

Yippy for you!! Congrats on another whole pound! I really hate the brain fog from carbs! Sometimes I get it & sometimes I don't. Any, you seem to be doing fabulous!

BizBuzz said...

Hey girl! Guess who is BACK????

You sound like your doing well! Congrats on that! I am just passing thru, it's gonna take me some times to get all caught up! Thanks for being a regular reader on my blog, especially when I was on vacation!