Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 7, 2008 Almost the end of R3

Well I am back from the dead! I am still on Releana and still moving forward and strong. I just had to take a sabbatical from the computer.

I was at a stall and my body just didn't want to co-operate. I think the scale saw 250 lbs and decided that it was fat and happy sitting right there! I wasn't but it was! I decided that I was going to let nature take it's course and ride it out. I tried a steak day and an egg day, not in a row, and it did nothing. I was having flashbacks of all the other times (not hcg) and I would freeze around 20 lbs. I kept telling myself that i had lost over 30 lbs so I could keep going and my body was just going to have to get it together and join my soul and spirit. I had noticed that I was starting to get frustrated at everyone's losses. A 1lb a day here and there and everywhere!!! My poor scale just stood there. My brain was heading into a not so good of place, so I knew I needed to take a break from the computer. Just needed to ride this one out by myself. I love all of your support and I love sharing in everyones joy, but sometimes you just need to get your own sh*t together! LOL

Well my body did get over its hump, but it took almost 3 weeks. But this time I didn't let myself get to the point of total frustration. I knew it would work, but just had to let this mass of flesh decide to join the rest of me. I think the fat was moving on my body though. This was a time when I got the most compliments at work. Everyone telling me that they could really tell I was losing more! I accepted their compliments and told me body...see now lets get that scale in gear! LOL.

It finally happened on Monday, February 4. I hit 247 lbs!!! I have noticed that I don't lose in a steady stream. My is more like hurdle to hurdle. I go a few days the same and then lose a lb or two, then stay the same for another 7-10 days and then drop 2 -3 lbs. I have planted that in my brain. So if I start whining about not losing, please remind me!

I am really noticing the loss of fat in my body. Especially in my lower abdomen. My stomach still needs help.....lol.....but my body is still responding to the last on last off method of fat placement! Still losing in all areas of my body, I just want more in my stomach. But it is coming off, so I will have to be patient and let it happen on its own accord. Just keep following the Hcg diet and IT WILL COME!!!

I have read on some blogs and in groups comments about the great thing about this is you lose the fat and it re distributes itself. I think this is a YMMV. I think that it really depends on how your body retains the fat in the first place. Like I have said before, I am an apple shape. The majority of my fat is in the stomach and lower abdomen. My skin is starting to get really loose in my lower gut and on the side of my waist. I think my skin is past the point of springing back to life! lol Thank God for plastic surgeons!

Be Blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you're back!! A few thoughts......

I TOTALLY get how frustrating that must have been to see everyone's successes and having slower/no losses... When I had to stop doing P2 for medical reasons I had to stop reading the boards and blogs, it was too upsetting. We're just glad you're back!

Have you had your thyroid checked? Not just for TSH levels, but T4, T3, negative T3, antibodies? The majority of women over 40 are either hypothyroid or subclinically hypothyroid -- meaning their thyroid levels are low, but still within the range of normal. Doctors who keep abreast of new developments are treating the subclinical women with thyroid medications, with great results. Something to check out. And within the last 3 years the range for hypothyroid has changed, making more people officially hypothyroid. Most GPs don't know about this.

Next thought -- Have you considered intramuscular injections of HCG instead of Releana? It really is no biggie after you get used to doing it. I've heard that some people do much better with injection than sublingual.

About the body reshaping itself and moving the fat to more normal areas -- I think that happens more as you approach your goal weight. And the skin will spring back after some time passes. Dry brushing often helps --

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

It's a good reminder for me, time to start this up myself. I've heard from a few people who lost tons of weight that drybrushing religiously everyday shrank their skin back so they didn't have flabby hanging skin. Can't hurt to try, and a whole lot cheaper than plastic surgery!!!

I myself am an 'apple' shape, and now have a bit of a waist! I still have 30 lbs or so to go 'til goal weight, but the lower the scale goes, the more dramatic the difference.

How frustrating this must have been for you! I feel really strongly about the thyroid thing -- and about all women over 40 getting it checked -- it's nearly epidemic in this country. And trying shots.

Anyhow -- glad you're blogging again. Tell us your frustrations, don't read all the blogs or boards (who has time?), just know this group of bloggers is very supportive and we will figure out what the porblem is and get you skinnier!!!!

BizBuzz said...

What more could be said than what Lili has so eloquently shared??? Listen to her, she is a smart cookie.

Glad your back!

Free me from Fat Jail said...

I can definitely feel you on the the taking a break from the blogging and working it out yourself. Hang in there and dont get discouraged. Lili has some great thoughts and I hope you keep going.

Crystal Lee said...

Hey Ms. Tracey! Glad to see you again and I understand how frustrating it is to see others lose when you are in a stall. That Biz! LOL!!
Seriously, I remember a few times when I went about 3-4 days without losing an ounce but in those days are when my inches were falling off like mad! :)
Keep your wonderful spirit and your body will follow. Remember it is 90% attitude and 10% activity that helps us achieve our goals.

Crystal :D
TNgal80