Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3, 2008 Doing Good

Well I had my weigh in on 12/31 and I lost a total of 14 lbs this round. I think that was wonderful with Christmas in there. So I ended up 251!!! Can you say TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE LBS!!!! I know some people will look at that number and think...Whoa! That's a lot!!! I can remember back in the day when my scale hit that number. I swore I would never let the scale get higher than that! Geez, we can fool ourselves can't we! But I never thought I would look at 251 fondly! Funny how a different perspective makes things look. I will take my measurements this weekend. I could do it now, but I am just plain bushed. Work has been really stressful, but I think that I am just doing it to myself. I get to a point where I just have to get rid of my stacks! They are really bugging me. So I am working on those now.

I am doing phase 3 for the rest of this week and will be back to phase 2 on Sunday or Monday. Not going to take the whole phase 3 this time. So I won't do any load days. You know, I really don't like them! Too much food! Not having many cravings this time. Today I just wanted a couple bites of cheese. Not a whole bunch, but just a couple. I will bring a cheese stick tomorrow and probably won't want it! LOL

Have one more Holiday party this weekend and then a get together next week with a friend. That brings me to something that I have been thinking about but never put down in words yet. Why is it that some people don't want you to succeed? They say they want it, but when you have success it really gets to them. It seems to get them upset and down. The friend I haven't met with yet is one such person. She has a weight problem also, and when she was losing, I cheered her along all the way. Now that it is my turn, it is a whole other story. She acts like I have abandoned her when I won't go out to eat with her or tell her that I have to wait until I am on phase 3 portion of my diet. I have suggested she just come to the house and we exchange gifts, but she said she will wait! With a big SIGH after that statement!! PLEASE!!!! Get a grip!

Have been doing more research on my Hidradenitis and found that they are doing a study with Zinc and 80% in the study had good results with it. So I found the article that was published and I am going to try that dosage and see if it helps with me. I hate this stuff!!! My poor armpits are so scarred from this. I guess my future career of being an armpit model is ruined!!! WAA WAA!!!

Well off to bed!

Be Blessed!

Tracey

5 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Tracey, I am dealing with a similar situation, only now people are saying, you don't need to lose anymore, your thin enough. And I am like EXCUSE ME! I am still considered OBESE, not even overweight yet.

I feel it is a combination of guilt and jealousy - guilt because they can't do it, and so they last out to those that do accomplish, and then jealousy, for about the same reason!

GREAT ROUND! I will be joining you on P2 on the 20th - a little more than 2 weeks from now!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there are so many issues out there about being a woman and how we feel about our bodies, and how the world judges us. Sounds like she's feeling a bit competitive. Just hope she follows your lead and starts up with HCG.

Armpit model -- ha ha!!! How lovely! I did read up on hidradenitis -- owie owie owie!!!! Cool about the zinc -- There must be some boards out there with other fellow sufferers who can offer advice.....

I am so happy for you -- you are doing amazingly well. Good for you for not letting a friend guilt you into sabotaging yourself.

beachbrights said...

Great job on the weight loss!

Beware of sabotagers, misery loves company.

Enjoy the cheese.

(Sorry for the short comments, I just re-read them and what I am saying sounds funny. You get the point!)

Love Ya-

Becca said...

Tracey your weight loss is great considering how much temptation is around this time of year. Congratulations!
I've never heard of hidradenitis either but I read about it just now and Lili's right, Ouch!
Have you told this friend what you're doing and she's not interested? I have a hard time understanding the unsupportive attitude that so many people are experiencing. At least I've got people around me that are not trying to sabatoge me. Good luck to you...

beachbrights said...

Tracy! I'm glad there are others out there who are starting
P2 the same time as me! It helps to have support!!

UPDATE YOUR BLOG/STATS!!! I'm checking in on you everyday:)

Yea for us! I'm sending those weight loss vibes your way....

XOXO-